Those that know me know that I do not like to brag or toot my own horn much, but today, I simply amazed myself. A hobby of mine for the past few years has been creating and maintaining webpages, mostly for our own personal use, or for causes close to our hearts. After putting off the (should be monthly) update of our German Shepherd Rescue site, I finally decided to sit down this morning and do some work on it. I did the usual updates through my free web design program that I use. Now, keep in mind it was free, so there are some major hurdles I have to go through to update the pages each time I change things. I really can't explain what has to be done, but I do seem to amaze myself a little bit more every time by learning new and quicker ways to do things.
Today, I'm particularly proud of myself for learning about CSS code (for those that do not know it's cascading style sheets). While I find it way more complicated than plain ole' HTML, at least I was able to figure it out so that I could edit what I needed to. The thing that I am most amazed over however, is the fact that I FINALLY figured out how to make the title of the web page appear in the Web Browser. I have been thinking about why it hadn't been working, and it finally dawned on me tonight that it was all because of the re-direct that I have set up. So alas, the Oregon German Shepherd Rescue page now has an official title at the top of the Browser. Wow. I'm so happy. This just might inspire me to work on the other sites that have been needing attention for a while now.
Sorry if this post is boring, but I really am quite proud of myself and just had to share! The dogs don't really find this kind of thing exciting and the kids went to bed, they wouldn't understand anyway...
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Amazing
Posted by
Meshuga Mama
at
9:17 PM
Labels: css, html, re-directs, web design
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are absolutely amazing, and CSS is SO hard!!!! I created my website too, and it took me a whole week. 8 hours a day, my brain just sucked all the energy right outta me. You are so talented, and the website looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment